CALL FOR SCORES
SASRIM New Music Meeting, Northwest University School of Music and Conservatory, 28 -31 August 2017.
The South African Society for Research in Music invites submissions of scores from South African composers for the 2017 New Music Meeting. The 2017 faculty features composers Clare Loveday, Andile Khumalo and Hannes Taljaard.
This meeting links to SASRIM’s annual congress, and will consist of seminars presented by Loveday, Khumalo and Taljaard; individual workshop sessions; and open rehearsals with the ensemble in residence. The New Music Meeting will culminate in live performances of accepted scores during the 2017 SASRIM national congress, to be held at Northwest University from 31 August – 2 September 2017. Financial assistance for travel and subsistence will be available to successful applicants.
- Submissions are invited for works for marimba, clarinet/bass clarinet, oboe and viola. Works may be for the full ensemble, or combinations of the specified instruments.
- Works should be 5-7 minutes in length.
- Scores should be submitted in PDF format.
- Midi-realisations should be submitted in mp3 format.
- Composers may not submit more than one work.
Entries close on 31 May 2017.